About ‘Discover Your Roots’
Local congregations of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, along with the Fayette County NAACP, will present “Discover Your Roots – A Free Family History Research Seminar” on Saturday, February 16, from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at the Peachtree City LDS meetinghouse (101 S. Peachtree Parkway). On-site registration begins at 9:30 a.m.
The event includes workshops and free genealogical assistance and is open to the public. Break-out sessions will cover topics such as DNA and family history, organizing your research, what to do when you hit a research ‘brick wall,’ and using FamilySearch.org. Experienced genealogists will be available to assist participants, including some experienced in African American genealogy.
Participants are encouraged to bring a tablet or laptop for their personal use, as well as a pre-filled pedigree chart (a blank pedigree chart can be downloaded here). There will also be a limited number of computers available at the facility.
A complimentary light lunch will be served midday. Late afternoon sessions include Fayette County African American History with local experts Donna McCox, Thomas Dorsey, and Derryll Anderson, and Fayette County – History and Hearsay.
Click the blue button below to pre-register!
DISCOVER YOUR ROOTS
A Free Family History Research Seminar
Saturday, February 16, 2019
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
101 S. Peachtree Parkway, Peachtree City, GA 30269
A complimentary light lunch will be served.
On-site registration begins at 9:30 a.m.
Complete List of Workshops:
- DNA, genealogy and family history
- Organizing your family history research
- How to get around research brick walls – especially in African American family research
- Using Family Search (see FamilySearch.org)
- Fayette County history
- African American history in Fayette County
What to bring with you:
- A personal tablet/laptop for your own use (we will also have a limited number of computers available at the facility)
- Your pre-filled pedigree chart (download a blank pedigree chart here)
Please feel free to print and share our flyer: